stennisfoundation

Monday, November 28, 2005

Grieving for Maddie, Lane, and Laramie

After losing Maddie Trimper on November 7, to MLD and EBV, we lost Lane Hancock to ALD on November 10. Then just last week, we lost Laramie Moyer to MLD! How my heart breaks for these families. We have just got to find a cure for these insidious diseases. There are so many of them....even unnamed leukodystrophies....a cure must be found, and quickly!

I am working with a doctor at UMass, to pilot a research program into lysosomal storage disorders. I will soon post his proposal, and then I will be asking for your help to fund it. We've got to do this. So many lives are depending on us!

I'm working on a huge - and I do mean HUGE - fundraiser. I'm so excited about it, and can't wait to share details....which I will do, as soon as I have them in place. I'm also trying to plan a "One Step Closer" Walk for Leukodystrophy in Michigan, and actually two in California. These are in the planning stages, so everything is kind of "sketchy" right now....I will post details as they become available.

We just got a new shipment in of the "One Step Closer to a Cure" wristbands. If you haven't gotten yours yet, they are available for $5 each, plus $1 shipping (for up to five bracelets) through The Stennis Foundation. Just send your check for however many bracelets you want, plus the appropriate amount for shipping, to:

The Stennis Foundation
PO Box 30065
Amarillo, TX 79120

Please keep the Trimpers, the Hancocks, and the Moyers in your prayers. And as always, pray for all our Leukodystrophy families. Have a good week!

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home